Saturday, December 17, 2011

this old foreclosed home: a nursery reveal

Well, here it is finally, the finished nursery, a culmination of months of unfocused design:
IMG_9023_nursery.jpg

The pink chair that might get replaced with a cushy rocker if my behind never heals! Is there such a thing as a 'sit-bone'? Because if so, mine hurts...
IMG_9031_nursery.jpg

The crib:
IMG_9027_nursery.jpg

The redesigned dresser, as you've all seen before, with the new changing mat secured on and all the drawers full of wee little clothes:
IMG_9032_nursery.jpg

The organized closet, ready to rock with labels on everything so the husband knows where to find things when I send him searching:
IMG_9035_nursery.jpg

And here's some of the details. If you have any questions about where I found certain items or how much they were, let me know and I'll do my best to let you know.
IMG_9019_nursery.jpg
IMG_9003_nursery.jpg

And and Aaaaaaannnnnndddd, the nursery's newest addition, Baby Elsie Grace born on 12.9.11, weighing about 7 lbs which was great, because anything bigger would NOT have come out of me the way she did! And just FYI, I wanna tell the world a big giant "I-told-you-so" because I said to everyone I was going to deliver early, and they all just laughed and looked at me with pity, as if going before your due date on your first child was an absolute pink flying unicorn. Ha, I had myself a cute little pink flying unicorn. Now hopefully, once she's old enough to have an opinion, she'll like this room as much as I do...

IMG_8984_elsie.jpg

5 comments:

carrie said...

love everything about this post, especially that precious baby face at the end!!

Kelly said...

it's beautiful, of course - the room AND the baby!

embee said...

haha i love your pink flying unicorn!! you had a unicorn come out of... you know where. ouch!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's just beautiful and of course I love the this room :o)

Unknown said...

OOOOHHH! Precious! I'm so happy for you. What a special Christmas present. Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...