Monday, May 23, 2011

goodbye dear friend

IMG_6184_party.jpgIMG_6201_party.jpg

So we orchestrated a surprise going-away bash for Carrie yesterday afternoon. She really had no idea, as you can see from her face:
IMG_6214_party.jpg
It was a great time of fun and laughter and served as amends for all the excuses we concocted to avoid her this weekend! I think she was a little disappointed that nobody wanted to spend her last day with her!
IMG_6209_party.jpgIMG_6203_party.jpg
I wish I had thought {smart I am almost always not} to use my external flash on such a dreary day, since a lot of the indoor photos came out blurred. That was upsetting to discover this morning! But alas, I give you what I could find that wasn't embarrassingly poor.
IMG_6197_party.jpg
So although we will see her and her family again before their forever exodus, it was nice to say goodbye to her in our way. Even if it was a just excuse to eat cake pops. {more on those in another post!}

IMG_6236_party.jpg

1 comment:

Kelly said...

awwww, i know you'll miss her as much as she'll miss you! looks like a great party, though.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...