Wednesday, May 04, 2011

brooklyn cherry blossom festival

IMG_6054_blossoms.jpg

So we took a last minute trip to Brooklyn on Saturday, and I have to say I'm glad I decided to go for so many reasons.

First, I was able to spend what will likely be my last trip to the city with Carrie, who will soon be off off and away thanks to her house selling in a mere week! I have to say I'm not really happy they're all leaving but I am happy for her that everything is working itself out...
IMG_6026_girls.jpg
I was also able to meet the other half of this splendid couple, aren't they adorable?
IMG_6044_ozjen.jpg
Then there was plenty of girl time and of course all the amazing food. There's nothing like eating some great Italian food under the Brooklyn Bridge.
IMG_6036_jenkali.jpg
Another very important reason is that I had the opportunity to mark something off my nyc bucket list. When I lived in Brooklyn I always wanted to go to their botanical gardens for the cherry blossom festival and though there was no time to do it while I lived there, I was able to mark it off this past weekend.
IMG_5979_peony.jpg
If anyone's ever interested in going it is well worth it. They do a beautiful job with all their gardens, there's some great japanese food to try, and the costumes {both traditional and not so much} are fun to see. The girls loved all the cartoon get-ups and seeing all the crazy dresses {and wigs} the women were wearing.
IMG_5925_costume.jpgIMG_5890_costume.jpg
All in all it was a great trip even though i'm still recovering from all that walking!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...