Tuesday, January 12, 2010

over the hedge

IMG_6716_hedgehog01.jpg

i love this hedgehog fabric that i bought, oh, maybe a year ago but wasn't sure how to use it. well i got ahold of some linen and voi la. very adorable travel tissue holders. and in relation to past holders i've made, i decided to simplify, lose the button and elastic closure and even the ribbon on the edges. i think this keeps a cleaner look and it seems to work just as well. once you jam those tissues in there, they're not going anywhere anyway, until you need them. oh and i also figured out a way to finish the inside seems so that's nice and neat now.
IMG_6719_hedgehog02.jpg
btw, i love weekends at home holed up thanks to the frigid weather. it gives me time to bond with my sewing machine. it was beginning to feel abandoned. i also love these photos. considering they were taken in passing this morning to make use of good light, i would say they're quite lovely. i feel blessed for all that i have and all that God {and my husband, ie: fancy shmancy camera} has given me. this year i'll try to forget that less.

2 comments:

mgk's mom said...

very adorable! ok, please tell me how you finished off the inside seams? i like the new look -- buttonless and elasticless AND even ribbonless! ps... hedgehogs are way too cute.

Jana said...

My sis bought me one of your key fobs with the hedge hog fabric. i think of you every time i pull out my keys. Hmm. . .maybe i'd be wise to throw out a prayer and not just a thought. . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...