Saturday, April 26, 2008

late night drive-by blogging

I loved this house since the day i saw it. It has taken five years to make every surface and nook and cranny completely ours. I'm going to miss my red bedroom that fits all my furniture perfectly. my new dishwasher with the adjustable top rack. the new kitchen island. my poo-brown {husbands words} bathroom!

but most of all i'll miss the people. our people. and my church. and the busy weeknights full of plans. the weekends where friends just crash on the couches and in the guest rooms. i'll miss guest rooms! the emptier the house gets the more it seems to sink in. i know God had us here for a reason and i know in His infinate wisdom He's moving us to nyc.

it's just hard to say goodbye to a life you love.

maybe i shouldn't blog when i'm coming off a late night sugar rush.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your adventure is about to start. New home, new places to go, new friends.... moving to a new place is exciting... Open your heart to all that is new....
I love you,
mom

Sara said...

Change is so hard. I personally hate it with a passion. I've been amazed at how well you've handled this move and all the challenges that have come with it. Remember that old song from when we were kids, make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold? Think of this new adventure like that. Plus, Mbizzle and I will be a shorter car ride away, doesn't that make it all better? ;)

Kelly said...

that's how i felt when we left abq. the day we left, i totally cried my eyes out! but change is good, as they say!

Anonymous said...

you made me cry... remembering all the time's i've moved... it's hard to see at first, but you really DO make new friends that become just as treasured as your old ones. I feel for you, but it will be good, one day at a time. New adventures are always exciting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...