Monday, August 06, 2007

line em up

wonderful weekends that is. the weather was perfect and everything we did was fantastic {even buying new bath towels to match the remodeled bathroom yesterday}. friday night {after the softball game, church won their division, husband's the coach, woot woot} i made this oversized pocket-filled samantha bag.

sadly you won't be seeing samantha in the shop, because my gosh she's expensive and time consuming. high maintenance i would have to say. BUT i love her. saturday she joined me on the beach {lake not ocean, boohoo} and i must say she came in handy. enough room for suncreen, water bottle, book and magazines. here's a view of the inside with the secured magazine pocket.

luff it. nothing like reading about how to get a firmer butt while sitting on your squishy one in the sand. and here's a photo of me pre-tan friday night. not a fan of being in front of the camera...well, unless it's in front of my mirror in solitude.

prepping this week for the mother-in-law on wednesday and fun adventures to follow into the weekend. what to do what to do. thousand islands? skaneatles? boat tours? wine tours? outlets?

hope everyone else's weekend was just as fun!

11 comments:

Wannabe said...

CUTE bag! Cute grrrl too. Darn you for being able to wear a shirt like that with no bra! Hiss.

Only exciting thing that happened around here this weekend was the Nut's date with a pair of scissors and her hair while I was still asleep yesterday morning. Let's just say she doesn't have many bangs left and has a bald spot on the top of her head.

Kelly said...

i LOVE samantha! how cool is the magazine pocket??

Anonymous said...

ok wannabe, first off, i am totally wearing a bra, boo, and second, where are the pictures of that??? come on...

i should have mentioned that the flower fabric in the front is a strip of three pockets as well....

Sizzledowski said...

holy crap! samantha is amazing!!!

I bow to tink and her sewing machine.

Edie Guess said...

TINK! that is the cutest bag EVER!!! you should totally throw it on your etsy shop and see if there are any takers - it could be a one of a kind (since it takes so long to make) or quite the money maker for you!

Kelly said...

i think deep down, she doesn't want to part ways from it. she's greedy, you know? ;)

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Your samantha bag is so cool!

Anonymous said...

i am SO greedy and am totally keeping this bag, but thanks for all the great comments. i'm going to use this as the prototype for a couple of diaper bags for some lucky prego ladies...you know who you are!

Wannabe said...

I spy a MaryMo giftie I gave you in that bag. Am I right? :)

Dantastic said...

I love the new bag. If you don't sell it in your shop, you could always use the same fabric to make a greta. I love the fabric!
On another note, I've been on one of the Thousand Island boat cruises-my in-laws took us. It was too late in the day to visit the Bolt castle though. I'd like to go back to see that sometime. Maybe I'll take my parents when they come...someday.

Anonymous said...

wannabe: you know it, it actually houses my camera cards and card reader and since i'm an uber-geek, those go with me everywhere...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...