Sunday, March 03, 2013

this old foreclosed home: a guest room do over

There's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but until the house reno was complete, I couldn't justify repainting a room just for fun. This paint color was awful. I absolutely hated it when I painted it, but we had to be out of our apartment and into the house and since this was the only livable bedroom, it had to stay. It was like a bad rotten pea color, or something you'd find in your bebe's diaper. See:



So even though I really really really wanted gray {and tried several different samples before finding the perfect one}, the husband eventually put the kibosh on that, so I went for 'grey beige' and created a happy compromise for everyone. The room is pretty large and bright, but the dark diarrhea color wasn't helping it much. Now it's lighter and brighter and more inviting. After grabbing some decor elements from around the house, and finding a $10 end table at the thrift store, it feels good. A $50 change makes a big difference.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...