Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Craftilicious: Wood sign tutorial

Are you ready for an easy sign project? It's cheap and quick and extremely easy, I promise.

What you need:
ruler
pencil
scrapbook rub-on alphabets
eraser
wood scrap


Take your wood scrap {I used a primed scrap from my massive useless wood pile in the basement} and lightly draw lines based on what you plan to write on your sign. This may take a little planning on your part.


I started with the far right of my words, basically writing backwards so I could get a right-justified quote. You can center or left-justify, depending on your own preference. Rub each letter on using the lines as your guides. Once you're done, lightly erase your lines, being careful not to remove your letters. If you wanted to protect them, you could just spray a finishing coat on top of the whole board and even a coat of mod podge. 


That's it. Seriously. I'm thinking these would be perfect for swapping out holiday or kids room decor. Or maybe something fun for the kitchen.



Here's one that took a lot more time and planning on my part, so I cut up letters to make it a bit easier:



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...