Friday, March 08, 2013

Delicious Desserts: Loaded Chocolate Chip Cookies


Meet the best cookies ever. EVER. You want to make some. Now. I think this recipe is originally from allrecipes.com but I can't be sure since I have a printed version that I taped to a recipe card years ago {I'm not the type to claim a recipe is 'mine'}...Well this time I decided to try a more 'packed' version by adding a couple of new ingredients, and I have to say, they're amazing.


Loaded Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups rolled oats {Use 1c if you like more moist cookies, 2 cups makes it a little more dry}
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 300ยบ F. Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour, baking soda, salt and oats. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended before stirring in the chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts. Drop in spoonfuls onto the cookie sheets and flatten to 1/2 inch thick.

Bake for 21 minutes, until lightly browned. Let cool, if you can be patient enough after smelling baking cookies for 21 minutes...


These are perfect on this snow-filled morning. Yes, I'm eating cookies for breakfast. Don't judge me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...