Tuesday, March 09, 2010

craft-along twenty ten: project one

IMG_3093_scraps.jpg

ok, so who is definitely with me for this craft-along??

the rules are as follows:

make one camera strap using tutorials:
permanent strap
removable strap
complete said camera strap by april 1st
show off camera strap progress somewhere between now and march 31st
love said camera strap forever

anyone, anyone? i think this is about an hour start to finish, depending on your sewing/ironing ninja skills. as you see i have more than enough scraps to work with. i'm thinking of going with a somewhat monochromatic pink theme but those blues and greens seem to be creeping into my brain as well. any thoughts?

speaking of, i have a box FULL of scraps so if you let me know your general color theme, i can ship out some fabric love this week...just let me know what you need!

{OH and fyi: i'd love to do more of these over the year, if some of you are up for it.}

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Kelly, since you're "in??????" and I'm "ummm, do I have to commit????" maybe we can plan some sewing time together. Split the fusible fleece. Egg each other on.
And, tink...do I have to love said camera strap forever? That's a SERIOUS commitment for me...I couldn't even love a diaper bag for 6 months! :o)

embee said...

i will make one (removable) similar but probably without the fusible fleece. i was thinking of using the minky fabric for the side along my neck, so it would be nice and soft.

Kelly said...

melissa, that's a FANTASTIC idea! i'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fields of Gold said...

Ok, so my friend from Kelly from Kandid Kiwi commented on my blog saying that her friend from tinkerwiththis was doing the very craft I just finished. I'm totally in! I am planning to make a few more "removable" straps since my sewing skills were lacking on my first attempt. YAY!

Heather said...

You know I can't sew/craft for beans, but I'd love to pay you for a removable strap if you'd like to make another one. ;) Email if you're interested.

tinka stinka said...

awesome, five people total!! i'm so stoked. i think i'll try to get some work done on it tonight...

heather - i was planning on making a few so i'll definitely make you one. what color scheme are you looking for??

Heather said...

You rock, as always! Greens and Blues would be great- so Pete's not afraid to use it. :)

tinkhomie said...

ok, i'll keep it as a-sexual as i can...

Emily said...

Melissa and Kelly, if you'll help me, I'm in. xoxoo

Emily said...

If I can get my sewing machine working, I'm in. That's a big if.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...