Wednesday, July 12, 2006

1 out of 10

women suffer from low self-esteem. i tend to think that's a pretty generous assumption based on personal experience. nearly all of my friends suffer from the disease. i say disease because it's something you catch from people around you, magazines, billboards, or your own inner negativity. but there's a cure. it's in your head. in my head.

80 percent of women are unhappy with their bodies. yep, 80% of us. how disturbing is that number? the number one cure is to start thinking positive about your curves or your dimples or your frizzy hair. (like instead of focusing on my extremely small breasts i'll celebrate my flat stomach, yay, etc.)The second is to take care of yourself. Buy those 50 dollar jeans that make your butt look so good. make healthy eating choices and then splurge on dessert at the end of the week. get up and go, to the gym (making friends with the regular desk person seems to force me to be accountable, even if they don't pressure me about not being around). no excuses. if you want to feel good about yourself you have to take the time for yourself. even if that means just sitting somewhere in a quiet place and reading.

i read all of this in an article while i was on the eliptical machine this morning. second day of taking care of myself, again. i'm really excited about it too. i feel so much better when i take the time to make healthy meals and snacks and workout, and i'm more productive with everything else in my life. i think it's the energy i get from knowing i'm working positive things in my life, mind and body. so i guess i'm just trying to convince all of you that you are what you think. and i think a lot of you sacrifice all day long for others without realizing you're just as important. so take some time for you today and dwell on your good qualities. you know you have them. i know you have them. you just have to show everyone else that you have them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd read this before I ate that pint of Moose Tracks.

It all begins TOMORROW!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very timely post, my friend, as the hubby and I are now trying to create a weekly schedule so I can get in my time. Time just for me is at a premium with an 8 week old who is being breastfed. ;) But we've worked it out that I have at least 1 hour to myself each day to do with what I want. It's heaven!

Anonymous said...

gee, let me see..... self esteem, time for oneself,.... hmmmm nope, not happening.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...