Friday, August 22, 2008

lights camera models guacamole


so i feel like the past few weeks have been a blur. it's so amazing everything that's happened to us in the past six months. some good, some incredible, some not so good and some incredible in the bad way. BUT, right now, it's ALL amazing.

i went to a photo shoot on friday and saturday, it was swell. they had tons of food around and i was pleased to see all the models pigging out. until the guacamole incident. then it was no more nachos for the models. so we had to eat them all. and then there were fresh baked cookies and fish/steak for lunch.

the makeup artist was this incredible man with one arm, and we chatted it up between shots. everyone is so nice. anyway, it was a great learning experience, my boss is tres cool and his wife is so much fun. we ended up hanging out with them in manhattan the rest of the day/night. and our stylist is great. i have high hopes that he'll help me find my style au ralph lauren...

so i love my new job. can you tell? i really do. everything's so impressive and there's so much to learn. but i'm taking it all in and trying to dive in head first. everyone around me is pretty helpful and encouraging being that a lot of this is brand new to me. but anyone who knows me is well aware of my love for fashion, er, shopping anyway. i'm not so good at putting the end product together but i'll get there hopefully.

i love the trains here. i bought an unlimited monthly pass so i feel it's a good excuse to explore every single stop on my way home. the more i use it the less each ride costs right?

alright, the husband and i are off to try another neighborhood restaurant. then it's up early tomorrow and driving to connecticut for the weekend.

ps: i'm officially OFF my target addiction. and all my other shopping addictions. pretty much. there's just no time, i don't get home till close to seven!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

so, what was the guacamole incident?

oh, and i've been shopping enough at target lately to make up for your not being able to.

Anonymous said...

hi sweetie....

Jennifer and Maddy said...

whew! it's about time you posted! i was going thru tinker withdrawals...i'm going to call you this weekend, i know you will be busy in CT but you can take a few minutes to chat right? your new stylist will definitely know if you are wearing tarjay instead of ralph!

the Jeffr said...

Hey Tink, great to see ur loving ur new job! Sounds like a blast. I might be down on Thursday. I'll be in touch. Also thinking about getting a digital SLR and wanted to pick ur brain. Cya around ;)

African Kelli said...

So glad you are enjoying your new job! What a great feeling, in that big new city.
Hope you are doing well!

Melissa said...

I think Envy Green is my new favorite color...at least I hope it looks good on me because I'm very envious of how much fun you are having! :o)
Keep up the good work 'cuz you've got a CA mama living vicariously through you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...